Occasionally InDesign exhibits odd display problems (difficult to describe). To rebuild the preferences:
1. Quit InDesign
2. Go to Applications/Adobe InDesign CS2/Adobe InDesign CS2.app (sometines the ".app" is hidden)
3. Don't use the Dock icon to start the application.
4. Hold down these four keys:
Shift + Control + Option + Command and start the application
5. There will be a dialog box: "Delete InDesign Preference files? Click the "Yes" box.
6. This will clear the preferences and often allow InDesign to function correctly again.