2014 Pre-Meeting Workshop: Measuring Your Marketing
This half-day workshop will focus on marketing analytics for a variety of channels, including websites, blogs, social media, and email marketing. Topics to be covered include how to understand marketing metrics, what tools you should use to measure analytics, which metrics you should pay attention to, and how metrics should inform your marketing efforts.
Panel experts come from both within and outside of the AAUP community, including a business, marketing, and PR consultant who leads the social media strategic planning process and the creation of detailed success metrics dashboards for corporate clients.
Panels will cover:
• Using web analytics to redesign your website, as well as understanding Google Analytics
• Using email marketing, banner ads, social media (Facebook, Twitter, blogs), and more to drive web sales
• Analyzing university presses' marketing metrics to find trends
• Highlighting what university presses are doing right and which areas need work
• Understanding analytics from an author's point of view
Participants should finish the workshop with a better understanding on how to interpret and manage analytical data. The workshop will be of interest to people working in publicity, sales, marketing, advertising, and digital initiatives. Plenty of time will be included for Q&A and open discussion with the panelists.
Organizers: AAUP Marketing Committee
Laura Baich, Indiana, chair
Panelists: Danny Bellet, Publicity Manager, Penn State University Press
Jeff Colosino, Online Outreach Specialist, National Academies Press
Daniel Lemin, Strategy and Metrics Lead, Convince and Convert
Bonnie Russell, Technical Project Manager, Wayne State University Press
Dean Smith, Director, Project MUSE
Please feel free to add notes or responses to the session in this section. You can also post presentation files. Find out how.