Difference between revisions of "2013 Pre-Meeting Workshop: Digital Marketing for Beginners"
|Line 38:||Line 38:|
Latest revision as of 19:12, 28 June 2013
This half-day workshop is designed for those who are new to scholarly publishing and/or marketing. Topics covered will include social media, publicity, marketing digital products, interactive marketing tools, and the relationship between online and print marketing.
Panels will cover:
• How to maximize the use of social media (Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, YouTube, Goodreads, and Google+)
• The effectiveness of electronic publicity tools
• Tools for marketing ebooks, shorts, and apps
• Interactive marketing tools (podcasts, trailers, etc.)
• Online and print marketing: how they correlate, opportunities, and creative approaches
Participants should finish the workshop with a better understanding of digital marketing in the ever-changing world of scholarly publishing and how to enhance their current efforts, both individually and as a team. An ample amount of time has been allocated for Q&A.
Organizers: Amanda Atkins, Senior Publicist, MIT Press
Mandy Clarke, Trade Marketing and Publicity Manager, Indiana University Press
Panelists: Brady Dyer, Manager of Marketing & Communications University of Texas Press
Colleen Lanick, Publicity Manager, MIT Press
Ivan Lett, Online Marketing Manager, Yale University Press
Kristi McGuire, New Media and Web Editor, The University of Chicago Press
Laura Sell, Publicity and Advertising Manager, Duke University Press
Please feel free to add notes or responses to the session in this section. You can also post presentation files. Find out how.