Rich Media Specialist Description
Rich-Media Specialist Description
A Rich-Media Specialist is responsible for planning, editing, and production of rich-media products. If you need to look to fill a full-time position for a rich-media specialist or wish to know what to look for to find a good vendor, here is a comprehensive description of needed skills, experience, education, and related experience follows.
Rich-Media Product Responsibilities
• Plans, edits, produces, and preps for DVD and Web posting digital-media products including video-capture of speeches, briefings, conference panels and events, Q&A sessions, promotional trailers, short- and long-form documentaries, and eLearning modules using digital-video and -audio technologies.
• Proficient in photo, video, and audio editing; synchronizing; setting transitions; user-interface authoring and post-production techniques; archiving; and file-archive management.
• Builds data-driven graphics animation.
• Ensures established broadcast and Web standards on rich-media products are met.
• Works closely with programmers, Web producers, and other staff collaboratively across sites.
• Storyboarding and scripting as required.
• Assists with acquisition, coordination, set-up, operation, and monitoring of equipment used in rich-media production as required.
• Arranges for and uses lighting, audio, and editing equipment.
• Runs rehearsals and provides direction for on-camera performance as needed.
• Evaluates market trends and technologies and anticipates customer needs.
• Other duties as assigned.
B.A./B.S. required or equivalent experience
Specific technical skills required
• Proficient understanding of video/film production and Web-conversion process applications and procedures.
• Proficient with Flash, Connect, Captivate, Final Cut Pro, Premier Pro, Illustrator, Photoshop, Fireworks, After Effects, Soundbooth, Maya or equivalent 3-D modeling tool, Acrobat, InDesign, Dreamweaver, and other applications used in rich-media production.
• Working knowledge of ActionScript programming and technical experience with web technologies, HTML, web browsers, and navigation
• Experienced in video production including directing, lighting, sound, camera operation, and authoring and post-production techniques.
• Digital-video game programming and modeling a plus.
• Excellent communication skills and attention to detail.
6-8 years, including director/producer experience in video/film documentary, commercial, or corporate-media production; digital-audio and -video editing and technologies; Flash-media engineering; digital-video file standards; data-driven graphics animation; Web standards and Web publishing systems; rich-media content development, authoring, and post-production; documentary script writing and development of eLearning products; and familiarity with emerging and social-networking technologies.