Maximize Your International Sales
Friday, June 17, 1:45–3:00 PM
Chair: Jessica Lawrence-Hurt, International and Institutional Sales and Marketing Manager, MIT Press
Presenters: Mary Beth Jarrad, Sales and Marketing Director, NYU Press; Stephen Lustig, Business Development Director, Eurospan Group; Brian MacDonald, Sales and Marketing Manager, University of Toronto Press
Are you being tasked with bringing your press’s books to a global audience? Don’t know where to start? Or maybe you’re already seeing some sales internationally and would like to know how to increase them? This panel hopes to help you do just that. Come for a spirited conversation on these and other issues:
- Maximizing the international sales potential for your books—consider format, content, packaging, and more.
- What’s best for you? Doing it all yourself, or contracting out one or all of marketing, sales, and distribution services.
- What will the sales rep or marketing agent need from me?
- What can I expect the first year?
- Is there value in attending international book fairs?
- Prices: what will international markets pay for my books?
- Pros and cons of selling foreign language rights, as complement to selling English-language books.
- Ebooks and Print on Demand in international markets.
- And, if time, an overview of key markets.
To view the slides and presentations from "Maximize Your International Sales," please visit AAUP's SlideShare.