2013 Pre-Meeting Workshop: Essential Workflow Steps
Join InDesign publishing expert Anne-Marie "Her Geekness" Concepcion for a lively and informative real-world tour of the ebook publishing landscape. You'll receive an overview of the entire publishing workflow, taking a layout file in Adobe InDesign and turning it into an ebook ready for sale in Apple's iBookstore, Amazon's Kindle store, on other e-resellers. Along the way you'll learn about best practices, free automation tools, gotchas to avoid, and tips from the ebook production trenches.
Workshop will cover:
• Digital Publication Choices: Ebook or App?
• Differentiating an Ebook from EPUB, Flowable vs. Fixed
• EPUB 2 vs. EPUB 3
• 5 Steps to Prepare Your InDesign File for EPUB Export
• Free InDesign Scripts You Must Use
• Exporting from InDesign to Kindle
• Proofing and Validating Your Ebook
• Fine-tuning with simple HTML and CSS Editing
• Best resources for keeping up-to-date
Organizers: Marianne Jankowski, Art Director, Northwestern University Press
Terri O'Prey, Associate Managing Editor, Princeton University Press
Please feel free to add notes or responses to the session in this section. You can also post presentation files. Find out how.